Friday 17 June 2016

The Universe...

The Universe? I here you ask yourself.

Well in my Universe there is glass, and it's a very good distraction.  I have so many different ideas going around in my head, so many different ideas to try, processes to learn, experiments to carry out.

I have had my new kiln for 21 months now, and have got reasonably used to the way it works; I'm comfortable in that I know how to program it; and reasonably happy that it will do what I want, when I want.


Here is my pride and joy, not long after it arrived!  I know, you've seen it before, but I was sooo excited, and couldn't wait to get using it, and still love it to bits.  It worked hard in the run up to the Christmas Etsy shop, and I am pleased to say it helped make a much better Christmas for Dragon Art Glass than I expected.

In these days of instant media though, pictures tend to be taken on telephones, and tablets. Then they are updated, shared and posted immediately.  I know I'm guilty of doing this.  I think that this is partly why I have been neglectful of my blog.  Yes, I've provided a permanent link to it from my website, but no, I've not updated it :(.

If my blog were my Universe, it would not only be stagnating, but getting ready to implode on itself.  I must not let it do this.  I must be firm with myself, and update regularly.  This is the starting point of my attempt to do this.

Owl and Fox suncatchers
So with that in mind, I've had a dig through my thoroughly organised photographic files - NOT (humph note to self yet another thing to do - organise photographs more logically), and come up with a few recent pictures of things being made in the kiln.  Or more accurately, some of the suncatchers I've made recently arranged in the kiln prior to being fired (left).



The photograph on the right was an experiment.  That I'll tell you all about in the next blog post that WILL be published on Saturday June 18th 2016.
Initial frit firing

So don't forget to come back and take a look!

See you soon!

(Exit Andrea stage right to make a cup of tea, and have another dig through the mounds of photographs taken with the camera, phone and tablet that are stored in various random places on the computer and in online cloud storage!)


Footnote - silly me thinking if I filled in the schedule bit on the right hand side of my screen it would post this for me.  I knew I should have checked it before now. Better late than never eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments and feedback.
Thank you for reading the Dragon Art Glass Blog!